• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

updated homepage

68sunlitgold

John,
Assume looking website! How long have you had your CS and where do you live now? Are you planning on putting a 289 back in it or stay with the 302? Did you ask Marti about the specific CS issues when you ordered your report or after and did you just call him or did you have to write? Anyway great looking car and site.
Doug

68sunlitgold

John,
I forgot to add that I also got the CAC report and I too did not see the CS option on the report. I wonder why?
Doug

hcsstang

You have red interior and I was wondering if the rear view mirror is red also? I'm working on a HCS and it also has red interior but mine is black.

OP
OP
C

C160223

Doug,

I have had my car now for 12 years , bought it in 1990 when I was 17. It's a B7 DSO and has stayed in the Vancouver, BC area since new. My plan is restore the car back to a 289/ 3 spd manual.

The extra questions I had Kevin Marti check out for me, were done a year after I got my Deluxe report. I emailed him my questions , then phoned him and gave my Visa info. . He emailed me the answers within a day or two, and sent a good copy in the mail a couple of weeks later.

John

OP
OP
C

C160223

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=1;threadid=27;start=0#76 date=1030363887]
John,
I forgot to add that I also got the CAC report and I too did not see the CS option on the report. I wonder why?
Doug
[/quote]

they are always making mistakes on CAC reports, could be the person(s) decoding the reports can't decode certain options so they just omit them .... I have heard of other CS owners not having the CS option listed on thieir CAC report also

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, my CAC report didn't mention anything about the Cal Special package. My VIN report from Kevin Marti did though.

It's funny, but Kevin shows my HCS as having the GT/CS package. I just haven't gotten around to asking him about it. I'm assuming that Ford may have shown HCS cars as GT/CS's with a DSO of 51. ???

OP
OP
C

C160223

[quote author=hcsstang link=board=1;threadid=27;start=0#77 date=1030370348]
You have red interior and I was wondering if the rear view mirror is red also? I'm working on a HCS and it also has red interior but mine is black.
[/quote]

hcsstang

My rear view mirror is red. What color are your seatbelts ? Mine are black, I have seen 2 other 68 Mustangs with red interior that also had black seatbelts
Don't know if I should be looking for red belts or just stay with the black belts ... ???

This 68 428CJ was on ebay with black seatbelts....
black belts 1
black belts 2

John

68sunlitgold

John,
I wish I would have known you before I moved to Alabama in June. I lived in Seattle, WA for the past 4 years. Would have loved to see the car. Did you know Bob Thrower? He lived in Copuitlam, BC and use to own 2-3 CS's before he got into his Shelby's.
Doug

OP
OP
C

C160223

Doug,

did you own your GT/CS while living in Seattle? and did you ever bring it to any shows up here?

I have never met Bob Thrower, but have probably passed him a few times at the Mustang shows. Here is some pictures of one of his California Specials he used to own. These were taken at last years All Pony Round-up

pic 1
pic 2

John

68sunlitgold

John,
I got my GT/CS through this site. ;D I got it back in Feb 2001 in southern California and had it with me the last 1 1/2 years. I did not bring it to the last Northwest Mustang show because I was out of town, so I never did take it to any of the big shows. I did however bring it to a couple drive-ins. Mine, like yours, needs to be restored, the first owner was in a wreck (front driver side) and the repair was not very good. I am in the military so when I moved I had to leave it with my folks in Minnesota. But I am now going to Jax, FL to pick up my convertible from my sister which I have never seen since I picked it up. ::)
Doug

68sunlitgold

Jon,
you wrote
[quote author=admin link=board=1;threadid=27;start=0#87 date=1030405660]
It's funny, but Kevin shows my HCS as having the GT/CS package. I just haven't gotten around to asking him about it. I'm assuming that Ford may have shown HCS cars as GT/CS's with a DSO of 51. ???
[/quote]
I also remember reading somewhere that all HCS were labeled as GT/CS on the option list because to Ford there was no "HCS" option. I believe you are right that the only thing that sets it apart is the DSO. Do you know if there were any CS's that where sent to the 51 DSO or just HCS's.
Doug

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Just HCS were 51 DSO, although they were sold in other states besides Colorado.

OP
OP
C

C160223

[quote author=admin link=board=1;threadid=27;start=0#122 date=1030738122]
Just HCS were 51 DSO, although they were sold in other states besides Colorado.
[/quote]

I thought the HCS was a Colorado dealer promotion, and was only available in Colorado?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
The HCS was only available to the Colorado sales district, but that extended a little outside the CO state lines. According to a vintage news article that Mark Hartman dug up (see "Hartman HCS" section of this site) this included, "Colorado, Eastern Wyoming and parts of Nebraska and South Dakota."

http://www.californiaspecial.com/images/68artcle.gif

Not sure how many were really sold outside CO. Probably not more than a handfull.